There are a few postures that Catholics adopt during Mass – sit, stand, kneel, during different parts of the Eucharistic celebration. For a non-Catholic, these actions seems pretty regimental. No wonder much have been said that the Catholic Church has many rites and rituals. But for a Catholic believer, these postures Catholics adopt during Mass carry certain meanings and purposes. The physical action of making the Sign of the Cross when we enter the Church and a host of other actions of sitting, standing, kneeling during the Mass has a purpose to it. Sharing a videoclip that we hope would explain these actions.
Something to PonderThere are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things. ~ Mother Teresa
A Dose of HumourSatan is perfectly willing to have a person profess Christianity as long as he does not practice it. ~ Church Humour
- Get via E
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Featured Catechesis : Sit, Stand, Kneel
101 Questions about the Catholic Mass
Proof at last
Reflection : A.S.A.P.
Archdiocese of Singapore
The Catholic News
- Pope Francis explains why judging yourself is a Christian virtue
- Why this priest has spent 50 years fighting with the New York Times
- The message of Jesus at the Transfiguration: Listen and follow, Pope says
- Is there a 'roadmap to happiness' in marriage? New video series says yes
- Chart-topping Benedictine nuns to drop new album for Easter
- Pope's Morning Homily: 'We Must Accuse Ourselves in Order to Be Merciful' Junno Arocho Esteves
- Vatican Presents Initiative to Protect Amazon Deborah Castellano Lubov
- Pope to North African Bishops: Personal Encounter with Jesus is at the Heart of Your Mission Junno Arocho Esteves
- Iraqi Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani Meets Privately With Pope Francis Staff Reporter
- Pope Francis' Prayer Intentions for March Staff Reporter
- What does these POS, PHAT, MOS, XOXO means?
- Liturgical Year, Cycles, Seasons, Colours
- Spiritual reflections on the Ministry of Reader/Lector
- Why do Catholics Sit, Stand, Kneel during Mass?
- Why do Catholics pray for the dead?
- Jar of golf balls, pebbles, sand, beer
- Thank you Mother Mary
- ACRITER ET FIDELITER
- Why do Catholics worship Mary, the Mother of Jesus?
- What is Catechism?
gary on Thank you Mother Mary gary on Thank you Mother Mary kk on Thank you Mother Mary Rubber Shoes and Pai… on HAPAG NG PAG-ASA (Table Of… Aiko Flores Picones on HAPAG NG PAG-ASA (Table Of… Kayla on Liturgical Year, Cycles, Seaso… gary on Thank you Mother Mary gary on Thank you Mother Mary Nicky M on Thank you Mother Mary Suraj Abraham on Thank you Mother Mary gary on Thank you Mother Mary gary on Thank you Mother Mary parvati on Thank you Mother Mary gary on Thank you Mother Mary Norma P Capule on Why do Catholics pray for the…